Places to Dine Outside in the Hudson Valley
From the shores of the Adriatic, to the rolling hills of Tuscany, find cuisine evocative of distant times and places right here in the Hudson Valley. Best of all? Each of the 10 restaurants listed below offers outdoor seating so that you can practice safe social distancing while taking your taste buds on a tour of the world.
1. Blu at The Lake House on Lake Mahopac offers a farm-to-table menu with a fresh-from-the-water twist. Enjoy watching boats go by as you feast on cheeses from New York State producers, juicy burgers, and perfectly prepared salmon, pasta, steaks, and more. A kid-friendly menu, as well as a raw bar, make this a must-experience for fans of good food and great settings.
2. Iron Gate Cafe in Albany is the ideal spot for alfresco dining in the Capital Region. Step inside the garden patio for a unique brunch or lunch experience. The menu includes satisfying crowd-pleasers like stuffed French toast and cheeseburgers, as well as unique offerings like Buffalo Chicken Seitan and Thai Shrimp Bowls.
3. City Winery in Montgomery is the Hudson Valley location of this national phenomena. Two outdoor patios overlook the historic Montgomery Mills property and the scenic Wallkill River. Enjoy full food and beverage offerings while you dine. The menu is filled with delightful treats that pair wonderfully with City’s wines. Enjoy cuisine with a Mediterranean flair, French influence, Spanish and Middle-Eastern spices, and more!
4. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is a landmark restaurant in downtown Troy overlooking the Hudson River. Grab a table outside and feast on their famous brisket, barbecue chicken, poutine with pulled pork and pimento cheese, and so much more.
5. The Greens at Copake Country Club in Craryville overlook the golf course and the lake, offering a sumptuous setting that’s only rivaled by the menu. The lunch menu offers everything from oysters to sandwiches, and lobster rolls. For dinner, feast on Chilean Salmon, red-wine braised lamb shanks, and more.
6. The Boathouse Grille in New Baltimore overlooks the Hudson River, offering an outdoor dining and excellent cuisine in a picturesque waterfront setting. From light fare like salads and fish tacos, to heartier dishes such as veal saltimbocca and lobster gnocchi, come hungry and leave sated.
7. Dubrovnik Restaurant in New Rochelle brings Croatia to New York, and the outdoor dining space brings the coastal feel of Dubrovnik to life for each guest. Enjoy the flavors of the Dalmatian Coast, including freshly roasted meats and fish dishes, and pair it with a bottle of wine from a Croatian vineyard.
8. Brasserie 292 in Poughkeepsie is offering dinner and Sunday brunch at the outdoor courtyard. Feast on typical brasserie fare with a twist. The menu offers Wild Board Ragu, Parisienne Gnocchi, charcuterie plates, and Duck Confit. The cocktail, wine, and spirits list is extensive. Treat yourself to a lunch you want to linger over.
9. The Tavern at Diamond Mills Hotel in Saugerties is offering outdoor dining on The Terrace. Enjoy freshly made pizzas, salads, and burgers, as well as vegan options like grilled cauliflower steaks, and more. Don’t forget to order dessert! The Baked Coconut Donut with Lemon Glaze is a particular favorite.
10. Don Coqui On the Hudson in Haverstraw offers Latin and American cuisine right on the water. Enjoy specialty dishes such as Mofungo, Arrozo Con Pollo, as well as burgers and grilled chicken.
This is just a sampling of the outdoor dining options available in the Hudson Valley. For more places to eat outside in New York, visit https://travelhudsonvalley.com/things-to-do-old/restaurants/.
You might also enjoy:
Extraordinary Edibles of the Hudson Valley
Sip Your Way through the Hudson Valley’s Bevvy of Craft Beverage Stops